Traditional Folk Song - ALICE BLUE GOWN Sheet Music and MIDI

ALICE BLUE GOWN
Traditional
Traditional Folk Song - ALICE BLUE GOWN Sheet Music

ALICE BLUE GOWN
(Joseph McCarthy)
Lyrics

I once had a gown it was almost new
Oh, the daintiest thing, it was sweet Alice Blue
With little forget-me-nots placed here and there
When I had it on, I walked on the air
And it wore and it wore and it wore
Till it went and it wasn't no more

cho: In my sweet little Alice blue gown,
When I first wander'd down into town
I was both proud and shy,
As I felt ev'ry eye,
But in ev'ry shop window I'd primp, passing by
Then in a manner of fashion i'd frown
And the world seemed to smile all around,
Till it wilted I wore it,
I'll always adore it,
My sweet little Alice blue gown."

The little silkworms that made silk for that gown,
Just made that much silk, and then crawled in the ground,
For there never was anything like it before,
And I don't dare to hope there will be any more
But it's gone 'cause it just had to be
Still it wears in my memory
@clothes
filename[ ALICEBLU
TUNE FILE: ALICEBLU
FREE MIDI DOWNLOAD

Thanks to Mudcat for the Digital Tradition!

Comments