Traditional Folk Music - A PROPER CUP OF COFFEE Sheet Music and MIDI

A PROPER CUP OF COFFEE
Sheet Music


A PROPER CUP OF COFFEE
(R.P. Weston and Bert Lee)
Lyrics

The Shah he sat on his oriental mat,
In his harem, High Street, Persia,
He took a sip from his coffee, just a drip,
And he says to his slave, "Here, Gersha!
Gersha! Gersha! Curse yer!
This is the 'orriblest cup of coffee in Persia!"

Cho: What I want is a proper cup of coffee,
Made in a proper copper coffee pot.
I may be off my dot,
But I want a cup of coffee from a proper coffee pot.
Iron coffee pots and tin coffee pots,
They're no use to me, so
If I can't have a proper cup of coffee
From a proper copper coffee pot, I'll have a cup of tea!"

In days of old when nights were cold,
And coffee was much cheaper
Dick Turpin rode to a coffeehouse in Stroud [as "ploughed"]
Showed his pistols to the coffeehouse keeper.
He said, "Stand and deliver,
For I am all a-quiver."

King Solomon would carry on
According the ancient scandals.
He made him lots of silver coffee pots
With diamond spouts and 'andles.
One day he says to the Queen of Sheba,
"We might as well be in any old tea-bar, 'cause...

from Geoff Parker, who learned it in London in 1968
filename[ COFFEPOT
TUNE FILE: COFFEPOT
CLICK TO PLAY MIDI

Thanks to Mudcat for the Digital Tradition!

Comments