Sa Nanay Ko: A Filipino/Tagalog Folk Song Suggestion for the Celebration of "Mother's Day" in the Philippines

Sa Nanay Ko
With expression and feeling

I
Hm....... Hm......
Noong ako ay sanggol pa,
Sino baga ang nag-iwi
Kundi ikaw, aking Ina,
Inang aking minamahal.

Nang ako ay magkasakit,
Ay sins ang nag-alaga
Kundi ikaw inang ibig,
Inang aking minumutya.
II
Ang lahat kong kailangan,
Ngayong akoý malaki na
Ay ikaw ang nagbibigay
Ikaw rin nga, Inang sinta.

Pagtanda mo, Inang mahal,
Paghina ng iyong tuhod
Kitaý aking aakayin,
Ina akoý iyong tungkod
(Ulitin ang II)
Kitaý aking aakayin,
Ina akoý iyong tungkod.

To Mother - (English)
I
When I was very small indeed,
Who helped me in in my weakness
But you my dearest Mother
Sweet mother whow I hold so dear.

When I was sick in bed,
Who suffered and cared for me
Beloved mother best cherished,
O Mother whom I had so dear.
II
Every need in this life
Now that I am grown to manhood strong,
You give me, dear mother sweet,
Indeed, you do, my loving one.

When you grow old, my mother dear,
When both your knees begin to sag,
I'll help you when you're in pain
I'll stand by you my mother great.
(Repeat II)
I'll help you when you're in pain
I'll stand by you my mother great.

Comments