Mga Landas (Song of the Road) A Filipino Folk Song Suggestion for the Celebration of "Love of Home" in the Philippines

Mga Landas (Song of the Road) - A Song Suggestion for the Celebration of "Love of Home" in the Philippines

Mga Landas
Moderately fast

I
Sa munti kong nayon iyong makikita
Ang maraming landas na gawa ng paa.
Sa latag na damo na parang alpombra,
Daming landas doongkung saan pupunta

II

May patungo roon sa dakong taniman
May patugno rine sa Ilug-ilugan
Mayroong tungoĆ½ sa magulong bayan
Na maraming tao at mga sasakyan

(Ulitin ang II)

III

Datapwa't saan man ako makarating
Ay iisang landas ang mahal sa akin,
Kinasasabikang yapakan at malasin,
Sapagkat patungo tahanan namin.

(Ulitin ang III)

Sa tahanan namin.


Song of the Road
English

I

In my little town, there you may clearly see
Wind many trails thet many feet have made,
Upon the green grass like a carpet on the vale,
Numberless paths to everywhere are well laid.

II

Trails to blooming fields are strtching like a hand,
And other paths lead to bubbling rills,
Others go to town where noise pervades the strand
Many people gather, vehicles go there.

(Repeat II)

III

But wherever I run, wherever I may go
There is a narrow path that I like most of all,
That I love to see as gently breezes blow,
Because it leads home where happy voices call.

(Repeat III)

Where happy voices call.

Comments