Acres of Clams - American Traditional Folk Song Midi, Sheet Music and Lyrics

Acres of Clams
American Traditional Folk Song
Lyrics

I've wandered all over the country,
Prospecting and digging for gold.
I've tunneled, hydaulicked and cradled,
And nearly was froze in the cold.

Chorus:
And so I departed for Puget Sound,
Away from a world full of shams,
I sing of my happy condition,
Surrounded by acres of clams.
For one who gets wealthy by mining,
I know many hundreds get poor,
I made up my mind to go digging
For something a little more sure.
Chorus:

No longer the slave of ambition,
No leader, just one of the lambs,
I sing of my happy condition,
Surrounded by acres of clams.
Chorus:

The time that you know you have ample,
That's when every care quickly scrams
Take heart in my fate, for example,
Content on my acres of clams.
Chorus:

Acres of Clams - American Traditional Folk Song Free Midi Download

Comments