Where the Great Peace River Flows - Canadian Traditional/Folk Song Midi and Lyrics

Where the Great Peace River Flows
Canadian Traditional/Folk Song
Lyrics

(Tune: When Irish Eyes Are Smiling)

There's a river that is flowing toward the northern sea
It's not named in song and story, still it has a charm for me
It has called me from the southland where the starry banner blows
And I've settled down forever where the great Peace River flows.

I've a little moss-chinked cabin just beyond its northern shore
Where I hope to live contented till this span of life is o'er
May life's cares pass lightly o'er me, all its troubles and its woes
Be to me a fleeting memory where the great Peace River flows.

In this little bit of Eden where the sun at midnight gleams
All our girls are just like visions from the pleasant land of dreams
Pretty as our dainty bluebells, fair as our native rose
They make all our lives seem brighter where the great Peace River flows.

We have come from every nation, we have done our very best
To uphold the flag of Britain in this great and glorious west
And no foeman's feet dare trample on our own true prairie rose
'Tis the emblem of our country where the great Peace River flows.

Where the great Peace River's flowing, where the pretty bluebell grows
And the prairies they are glowing with the beauties of the rose
Here the sun is always shining, no one sits down here repining
And each cloud has a silver lining where the great Peace River flows.

When I get the final summons from the courthouse in the skies
From the Judge of all the Judges, may He deem it no surprise
If I ask Him just one favour... He may grant it... No one knows
Send me back beside the Rockies where the great Peace River flows.

Where the Great Peace River Flows - Canadian Traditional/Folk Song Free Midi Download
Midi sequence from The Great Canadian Tunebook

Comments