Bright Phoebe - Canadian Traditional/Folk Song Midi and Lyrics

Bright Phoebe
Canadian Traditional/Folk Song
Lyrics

Bright Phoebe was my true love's name
So fair a girl that was ever seen
So fair a girl that was ever seen
If you'd travel this wide world over.

Oh, she and I we did agree
That married shortly we would be
As soon as I returned from sea
We would settle that solemn bargain.

Before I did return from sea
My lovely damsel was slain from me
The pride and glory of my heart
In her cold grave lay mouldering.

I am forsaken, I am forlorn
I wish to God I had never been born
I'd have died before the billows' roar
Since fortune had proved so cruel.

I will go down to some silent place
Where no other man shall behold my face
I'll spend the remainder of my days
Lamenting for bright Phoebe.

Bright Phoebe - Canadian Traditional/Folk Song Free Midi Download
Midi sequence from The Great Canadian Tunebook

Comments