When The Ice-worms Nest Again - Canadian Traditional/Folk Song Midi and Lyrics

When The Ice-worms Nest Again
Canadian Traditional/Folk Song
Words and music by Robert Service
Lyrics

There's a husky dusky maid in far Alaska
On a slab of ice she sits and waits for me
And some day I'm going back again to ask her
If my little Polar baby she will be.

   Chorus
   Oh! Oh! Oh! In the land of ice and snow
   With an igloo for a palace 'neath the Roryboryalis
   She'll be waiting for me I know.
   Oh! Oh! Oh! And it's there I want to go
   For my dream it is to stroll in the shadow of the Pole
   With my little Esquimo.

Oh, our wedding feast will be of oil and blubber
In our kayak we will cross the raging main
And the Arctic hares will turn around to rubber
And cheer us when the ice-worms nest again.

And if when all the blinking icebergs bound us
She should present me with a bouncing boy
Then the Polar bears will dance a rhumba round us
And the walruses will pick their teeth with glee.

When The Ice-worms Nest Again - Canadian Traditional/Folk Song Free Midi Download
Midi sequence from The Great Canadian Tunebook

Comments