We'll Rant And We'll Roar - Canadian Traditional/Folk Song Midi and Lyrics

We'll Rant And We'll Roar
Canadian Traditional/Folk Song
Lyrics

My name it is Robert, they call me Bob Pittman
I sail in the Ino with Skipper Tom Brown
I'm bound to have Dolly or Biddy or Molly
As soon as I'm able to plank the cash down.

We'll rant and we'll roar like true Newfoundlanders
We'll rant and we'll roar on deck and below
Until we see bottom inside the two sunkers
When straight through the Channel to Toslow we'll go.

I'm a son of a sea cook, and a cook in a trader
I can dance, I can sing, I can reef the mainboom
I can handle a jigger, and cuts a big figure
Whenever I gets in a boat's standing room.

If the voyage is good, this fall will do it
I wants two pounds ten for a ring and the priest
A couple of dollars for clean shirt and collars
And a handful of coppers to make up a feast.

There's plump little Polly, her name is Goldsworthy
There's John Coady's Kitty and Mary Tibbo
There's Clara from Bruley and young Martha Foley
But the nicest of all is my girl in Toslow.

Farewell and adieu to ye fair ones of Valen
Farewell and adieu to ye girls in the Cove
I'm bound to the westward, to the wall with the hole in
I'll take her from Toslow the wide world to rove.

Farewell and adieu to ye girls of St. Kryan's
Of Paradise and Presque, big and little Bona
I'm bound unto Toslow to marry sweet Biddy
And if I don't do so I'm afraid of her da'.

I've bought me a house from Katherine Davis
A twenty pound bed from Jimmy McGraw
I'll get me a settle, a pot and a kettle
And then I'll be ready for Biddy, hurrah!

Then here is a health to the girls of Fox Harbour
Of Oderin and Presque, Crabbes Hole and Bruley
Now let ye be jolly, don't be melancholy
I can't marry all or in chokey I'd be.

We'll rant and we'll roar like true Newfoundlanders
We'll rant and we'll roar on deck and below
Until we see bottom inside the two sunkers
When straight through the Channel to Toslow we'll go.

We'll Rant And We'll Roar - Canadian Traditional/Folk Song Free Midi Download
Midi files sequenced by Barry Taylor

Comments