Time to be Made a Wife - Canadian Folk Song Midi and Lyrics

Time to be made a Wife
Canadian Folk Song
Lyrics

As I roved out one morning in the lovely month of May
I met a pretty fair one, these words I heard her say:
"Oh, father, I'm sixteen years of age; I'm weary of my life.
Oh, father, I think it's almost time for me to be made a wife."

"Oh, hold your tongue, dear daughter. Oh, hold your tongue," said he,
"For men they are deceitful with flatt'ring tongues," said he.
"Oh, what care I for flatt'ring tongues, for flatt'ring tongues," said she;
"At the time you married my mamma she wasn't as old as me."

"I have a sister Mary, and that you well do know.
She has not long been married, only nine short months ago.
She has a baby for herself to daddle upon her knee,
And I think it's time for me to have one, for I'm nearly as old as she."

The bell-man he went round the town to see what he could find
A soldier or a sailor to please this fair one's mind.
"A soldier or a sailor, no matter who," she said;
"I pray, young men, come marry me, and don't let me die a maid."

Time to be Made a Wife - Canadian Folk Song Free Midi Download
Midi files sequenced by Barry Taylor

Comments