Rose of Alabamy - American Traditional/Folk Song Midi and Lyrics

Rose of Alabamy

Away from Mississippi's vale
With my ol' hat there for a sail
I crossed upon a cotton bale
To Rose of Alabamy.
Chorus
Oh brown Rosie
Rose of Alabamy!
A sweet tobacco posey
Is my Rose of Alabamy.

I landed on the far sand bank
I sat upon the hollow plank
And there I made the banjo twank
For Rose of Alabamy.

Oh, after d'rectly bye and bye
The moon rose white as Rosie's eye
Then like a young coon out so sly
Stole Rose of Alabamy.

I said "Sit down just where you please."
Upon my lap she took her ease.
"It's good to go upon the knees,"
Said Rose of Alabamy.

The river rose; the cricket sang
The lightnin' bug did flash his wing
Then like a rope my arms I fling
'Round Rose of Alabamy.

We hugged how long I cannot tell
My Rosie seemed to like it well
My banjo in the river fell
Oh, Rose of Alabamy.

Like alligator after prey
I jump in, but it float away
And all the while it seem to say
"Oh, Rose of Alabamy."
American Traditional/Folk Song
Lyrics

Now every night come rain or shower
I hunt that banjo for an hour
And see my sweet tobacco flower
Oh, Rose of Alabamy.

Oh fare thee well, you belles of Spain
And fare thee well to Liza Jane!
Your charms will all be put to shame
By Rose of Alabamy.

Rose of Alabamy - American Traditional/Folk Song Free Midi Download
Midi files sequenced by Barry Taylor

Comments