I's The B'y - Canadian Traditional/Folk Song Midi and Lyrics

I's The B'y
Canadian Traditional/Folk Song
Lyrics

I's the b'y that builds the boat
And I's the b'y that sails her
I's the b'y that catches the fish
And takes them home to Lizer.

   Chorus
   Hip yer partner, Sally Tibbo'
   Hip yer partner, Sally Brown
   Fogo, Twillingate, Morton's Harbour
   All around the circle!

Sods and rinds to cover your flake
Cake and tea for supper
Codfish in the spring o' the year
Fried in maggoty butter.

I don't want your maggoty fish
That's no good for winter
I could buy as good as that
Down in Bonavista.

I took Lizer to a dance
And faith, but she could travel
And every step that she did take
Was up to her knees in gravel.

Susan White, she's out of sight
Her petticoat wants a border
Old Sam Oliver in the dark
He kissed her in the corner.

I's The B'y - Canadian Traditional/Folk Song Free Midi Download
Midi sequence from The Great Canadian Tunebook

Comments