Ang Tahanan (The Home) - Filipino folk song for the celebration of Family Week

Ang Tahanan (Tagalog Lyrics)
Filipino Version
Ang tahanan ay isang pugad ng pagmamahal,
Bata at matanda man doo'y ligaya ang taglay,
Sa ilalim sa may pampang, dampa ko'y matatanaw
Hanap kong lagi'y iyan, saan man maglakbay.
Koro:
Ang tahanan ko'y ito kahit pawid ang bubong
Sa init man at bagyo, dito ako nagkakanlong.
Kahit na ito'y dampa at ang dingding po'y sira
Sa aki'y palasyo na, pugad ng tuwa't saya.

(Ulitin ang Koro)

Tuwa, tuwa at saya
Tuwa at saya, at saya...

The Home (English Version)

Home is where the heart is young,
Home is where sweet peace abides,
Home is where the young and old 
seek shelter and where joy resides.
Close beside a ripling rill,
stands my humble little home
Calling me such happy names,
wherever I may roam.

Chorus:
This is home, my humble home
Bamboo, nipa shape its form.
Parents, children live and work
In this shelter from the storm
Others boast of mansions great.
This is home, sweet home for me
Here is where my heart is free
Best of homes on land and sea.
(Repeat Chorus)

Land and sea, land and sea,
Land and sea, land and sea
Land and sea....

Comments